The Fox Mill PTA is a volunteer-run, membership-based organization. Our mission is to enrich our children’s overall educational experience by being a powerful voice and relevant resource for families and the community, as well as a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
When parents get involved, children do better in school. If you aren't already a member, here are 10 reasons you should consider joining:
Your child benefits. When parents get connected to the school, children get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems. When you build a relationship with your child’s teachers, principal, and office staff, it will be far easier to communicate about any problem (or victory) that occurs throughout the year.
You will be in the know. The PTA knows what’s happening with the school, who's involved, and plans many of the events.
You'll tap into a great network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, to build rapport and discuss issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences to make the school year better for everyone.
You can be part of the solution. By getting involved you can help make positive changes. The PTA plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
You can meet other parents. The common bond all parents of school-aged children share is that we care about creating the best possible educational experience for our kids. We are neighbors and peers and as a result, many friendships are forged via this connection.
- Your child will feel a sense of pride. Being part of the PTA will, in most cases, make your kids proud of you. They may not admit it, but they will feel proud that their parents are involved in improving their school's well-being.
- You can have fun while doing good. Volunteer work shouldn’t be drudgery. Our PTA has helped in small ways (planning fun social events for the school community) as well in large-scale projects (funding the new computer lab). And because we worked together towards one goal, we had a great time doing it.
- Your voice can be heard. PTO can be a way for you to more effectively effect change at your child’s school.
- You can share your skills. Your child will beam for weeks after his parent comes to school and shares his career, hobby, or even just their time helping out at the school book fair. All parents have individual talents they can share.
- You can show that you care. By becoming a PTA member, you’re also becoming a role model and demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education as well as on being involved in their world.
We invite you to join or renew your annual Fox Mill PTA Membership.
Memberships are $10.00 per person and can be purchased at pay4schoolstuff.com.